Close Menu

Physical Education

Physical Education at A level offers an exciting opportunity for students to learn about the physiological, psychological and sociological theories which underpin successful sports performances. Students considering this option should have a lively and enquiring mind, a genuine interest in sports and a willingness to explore new ideas.

Uniquely, the course bridges the gap between science and the arts; through in depth analysis of scientific principles, alongside academic commentary on the historical developments which have carved sport into an important component of modern society.

Subject content includes:

• Applied anatomy and physiology
  • Skill acquisition
  • Sport and society
  • Biomechanical movement
  • Sport psychology
  • Sport and society and the role of technology in physical activity and sport.

Students considering taking this course will benefit from improved analytical skills, learn to accurately interpret data and graphs, develop questioning and reasoning skills as well as learn to effectively evaluate sports performance. Students will continue to improve their practical performance in one sport throughout the duration of the course.

Physical Education fits in well with any combination of A level subjects and the course will enable students to develop the skills needed for university studies in a whole range of subjects, not just those wishing to pursuing a degree or career within the sports industry. 

Latest HABS news
Latest HABS news
Upcoming Events
Upcoming Events
Back to top